Shop for artwork based on themed collections. Each image may be purchased as a canvas print, framed print, metal print, and more! Every purchase comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Each image may be purchased as a canvas print, framed print, metal print, and more! Every purchase comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Mother Daughter and Grandson by MYRTLE JOY
Nap Time II by MYRTLE JOY
Children at the Beach by MYRTLE JOY
Nap Time by MYRTLE JOY
JKS12109 by MYRTLE JOY
Abstract In Bloom by MYRTLE JOY
I AM by MYRTLE JOY
Lower Suwanne Sound by MYRTLE JOY
Lower Suwanne Nat'l Wildlife Refuge by MYRTLE JOY
VERS10818 by MYRTLE JOY
VERS2017 by MYRTLE JOY
Sunset Flight by MYRTLE JOY
Holland Lighthouse by MYRTLE JOY
Holland Lighthouse II by MYRTLE JOY
Day at the Beach by MYRTLE JOY
Tropical Beach II by MYRTLE JOY
Looking Up to the Heavens by MYRTLE JOY
LOVING SISTERS by MYRTLE JOY
FUN IN THE LEAVES by MYRTLE JOY
My Florida Sunset by MYRTLE JOY
MAF318 by MYRTLE JOY
SMS417 by MYRTLE JOY
VRS417 by MYRTLE JOY
JKZES32017 by MYRTLE JOY
Displaying: 1 - 24 of 192
About MYRTLE JOY
Autobiography of Myrtle Joy
Myrtle Joy is a national award winning artist from Michigan and has always loved to draw and paint since she was a very young child. She grew up in Cadillac, Michigan. Recently she started spending her winters in Florida and breaking into the art market there. Myrtle is very talented and does a variety of artwork. Painting abstracts and scenery is a favorite. She also enjoys doing other works such as designs and still life or whatever might hit her mood at a given moment. She has taken awards for abstracts and has also awards for some of her other works.
April 2009, Myrtle signed a contract with CBS giving them rights to use her artwork on the Price is Right Show. She created a picture of Drew Carey on T-shirts prior to visiting the show and CBS wanted rights to use it. CBS put the picture of Drew Carey on a $25,000 bill they created for the show and used it in one of their games.
Myrtle began to study art in southern California at Palomar Junior College in San Diego County for a couple years during 76-77 wanting to get her degree in art and teach college level. However, she has been drawing and painting since she was a very young child at the age of 3-4 starting out with Artex and Trichem paints in a tube, which she attributes all of her beginning painting skills to. Being the 10th of 12 children, her mother use to keep them all busy doing arts and crafts growing up along with their regular chores.
In 1978 she returned to Michigan from California and started working for the State of Michigan. Myrtle was an in an accounting position for the State of Michigan and retired in December 2010. She earned her degree in Business Management and Accounting from Northwood University in Midland, Michigan. Myrtle put her art on hold for many years until approximately 2003. Since that time, she has received several awards for her artwork.
Myrtle indicates, “Now I’m back at it again. I feel so much more alive whenever I do anything with the art world. I love talking with other artists, going to galleries and associating with everything that has to do with art. I get very excited and full of energy just being around great art. You never know where you might find my signature when looking at my abstract pictures. Most of my abstracts can be hung at any angle and you will find different pictures depending which way you hang them. So don’t be surprised if you walk into a gallery someday and see my signature upside down in the upper left hand corner of a picture or some other corner besides the right hand bottom corner.”
Myrtle's photo was in the 2010 GLWoman Magazine (Greater Lansing Women).
Salvador Dali has always been one of Myrtle’s favorite artists and he has been a big inspiration for her abstract painting. Her biggest thrill was being able to visit two of his three galleries in the world.
Myrtle has been a member of the following:
• Mid-Michigan Art Guild, Lansing MI 2002-2012
• Lansing Art Gallery, Lansing MI 2003-2005
• Shiawassee Art Council. Owosso MI 2003-2011
• Suntan Art Center, Pass-A-Grill/St Pete Beach FL 2012-
• Fine Art America.com 2013-
• Grand Ledge Arts Crafts Lane 2011-2012
She has been in several exhibitions such as the
• Christian Art Show in East Lansing, Michigan; 2003
• Mid-Michigan Art Guild Shows, Lansing, 2002-2011
• Shiawassee Art Center in Owosso, 2002-2009
• Hope Borbas Okemos Library, Lansing MI 2003-2010
• Christian Art Show, in Orland Park, Illinois, 2005
• Delta Library, West Lansing, MI 2010-2011
• Bottega Art Galleria, St Petersburg, FL 2012-2013
• Suntan Art Center, Pass-A-Grill, FL 2012-
• 100 Artists Show, Horan Park, St Pete Beach FL - 2013 & 2014
Solo shows have been held at the following:
• Shiawassee Art Center’s Owosso Art Walk (2 yrs in a row) 2003-2004
• Turner Dodge House, Old Town Lansing MI
• Anselmo Gallery, East Lansing, MI
• Public Art Center, East Lansing MI - 2013
• Holt Public Library, Holt MI -2013
Michigan and Florida venues/galleries for Myrtle’s art current and past are:
• Door to Creativity, Old Town Lansing MI
• Haze Inc., Old Town, Lansing MI
• Absolute Gallery, Old Town, Lansing MI
• Walking Horse Gallery, Lansing, MI
• Ledge Craft Lane, Grand Ledge, MI
• Shiawassee Arts Center, Owosso MI
• Suntan Art Gallery, Don Vista Building St Petersburg Pass-a Grill Beach , FL
• Craig Mitchell Smith Glass Gallery, Lansing Mall summer of 2012.
• Skyblue Boutique, St. Peterburg, FL and
• Bottega D’Arte Galleria in the St. Petersburg, FL
Myrtle has Donated works of art to fund raisers for the following:
• Lansing Art Gallery, 2003& 2005
• WKAR Silent Auction through Haze Gallery in Old Town Lansing, 2006
• MSU-Kresge Museum fund raiser "Twilight in the Garden" for the new Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum., 2008 & 2009
• Shiawassee Art Center, Owosso MI
• a fundraiser for children with cancer in St. Petersburg, FL through Bottega D’Arte Galleria 2011
• donated a print and held a fund raiser in her office at her place of employment for St. Jude Children’s Hospital, which she also makes a monetary donation to on a monthly basis. 2010
• Flint Southern Baptist Church for a Mother’s Day Event.-2013
• John J Todia, III Scholarship Fund, Indian Rocks Beach, FL-2014
“Variety is the Spice of life and I hold that true to everything I do whether it is art, music, dance or everyday life. I like using all types of mediums to explore the beauty of each and to entertain myself. Life is for having fun and when I’m painting/drawing or scribbling, I’m doing just that, having fun!
Thank you for taking the time to read my autobiography.
Artwork of Myrtle Joy may not be copied or reproduced under the copyright protection law without permission of the artist.